Excellent growth opportunity to people management roles
Working for great clients with friendly people in a team oriented environment!
About Our Client
This is a global professional services firm that provide a range of outsourced services to their clients, largely SMEs within financial services. A great opportunity to build relationships with a number of businesses and provide a first-class service. You will apply your technical finance knowledge and develop your experience preparing accounts for a range of great businesses in the UK and globally.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Accountant are:
- Taking responsibility for a portfolio of clients, owning deliverables such as production of monthly management accounts
- Oversee the completion of payment runs
- Build strong relationships with clients to offer other relevant services that other departments of the firm provide, when appropriate
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns, corporation tax returns, P11ds and PSA
- Oversee the year end process, drafting financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS, meeting critical deadlines
- Assist the Team Leader with the billing process and with training of junior staff
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Worked for an Accountancy Practice or an outsourced consultancy, or worked in a similar role within financial services
- Good technical knowledge of UK GAAP / IFRS
- Client service orientated
- Strong people skills
- Good written and verbal communication, confident to communicate well with clients and internal customers
- Ability to work well under pressure at month/quarter/year end and meet deadlines
What's on Offer
The salary on offer is up to £52,000 depending on experience with generous bonus potential, pension and private health care. There is progression opportunity to people management roles.