Senior Audit Manager - Corporate Sector
Mid Tier Firm
About Our Client
Our client is a Top 30 firm based in Central London. They are a well-established practice with many years' experience in professional services; covering financial, auditing, accounting and taxation services along with expert business advice. Our client also provides a great opportunity for client exposure.
This firm looks after its staff and put a lot of energy into ensuring they feel rewarded, providing many opportunities for career progression.
This firm have also previously won the Mid-Tier Firm of the Year at The British Accountancy Awards showing their determination to be outstanding.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. The key sectors that we operate in as a firm are Creative Media Technology ("CMT"), Hospitality, Financial Services and Property.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Audit: statutory audit, planning, completion, attend / lead client meetings etc.
- Being a key point of contact throughout the year
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients as well as prospective clients
- Accounts preparation
- Provision of general business advice to clients
- Managing the overall service delivery to clients
- Corporate finance projects (Due diligence, AIM/Standard listings, reverse acquisitions etc)
- Other special projects
- Client billing and job recoverability
- Prospective client meetings
- Assist in supervising/managing the audit staff including having a responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for career development of others
- Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations
- Assist where required in the general running of the audit department
- Reporting directly to the partner and having several direct team members report to you.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be able to multitask in terms of handling multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent technical and personal skills to service a portfolio of clients efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication skills and be confident, articulate and able to communicate at all levels externally and internally
- Ability to produce high quality business style reports for non-executive committees
- Presentation skills for tendering for new work
- A team player with the ability to prioritise work and work to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to successfully support, nurture and motivate different team members
- Experience of auditing international groups
- Expert in producing group financial statements and consolidations
- Strong knowledge of both IFRS and UK GAAP (including FRS101/102) and international standards on auditing
- Working knowledge of Tax
- Experience of Caseware or similar accounts production software
- Experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and onsite reviews
What's on Offer
- Pension - 5% non-contributory
- Holiday - 25 days
- Death in Service cover
- Group Income Protection Insurance
- Trading of holiday