Senior Audit Manager
Audit Manager who wants to become a Director
Progression based role which sees the candidate become the face of Audit
About Our Client
This 50 year old South Wales firm has continued to grow in strength ever since with the practice now being one of the region's largest family practices. They provide services to a variety of business types with their accounting and taxation issues, ranging from small firms to large businesses, and from start-ups to established firms. The firm's friendly and knowledgeable team also assist private individuals with their tax planning queries and accounting requirements. As well as general accountancy, audit and tax skills, the firm's dedicated team of highly motivated and trained staff have individual specialist skills, which enable them to provide clients with a first class service.
In addition to traditional auditing, accounting and tax services they also provide advice on how to improve, grow and develop your business. Whether you need advice on business strategy, access to funding, or are considering selling your business, the firm's specialist corporate finance team help businesses achieve their goal. A paperless, digitally-transformed firm who strongly believe in using technology to help their clients stay on top of their books and accounts.
The key responsibilities for this Senior Audit Manager position at a leading Accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
* A portfolio of audit and non-audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
* Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
* Reporting directly to the Audit Director and having a number of direct team members report to you.
* Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you taking responsibility for the career development of others.
* Assisting with managing the staffing of the job, the financial performance and ensuring that key deadlines are met.
* Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Senior Audit Manager role at a leading Accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
* Be ACCA or similarly qualified
* Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
* Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
* Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
* Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
* Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
* You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships. Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP (including FRS 101/102) and international standards on auditing would be required.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary (depends on experience)
21 Days Holiday
Rest of benefits package is done on an individual basis