Senior Audit Manager
Excellent career progression
Global accountancy firm
About Our Client
A leading accountancy practice with offices throughout the UK and a global network. The firms offer accounting, tax, consulting and business advisory services to clients across all sectors.
- Act as audit lead on fully listed and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
- Be responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered.
- Have people management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level.
- Take part in wider practice management at local level.
- Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
- Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
The Successful Applicant
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level.
- Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
- Business development experience, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary with regular remuneration review
- Support with tuition and professional qualifications
- 28 days holiday
- Access to personal pension scheme with matched employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Income protection cover
Through the Firm's flexible benefits scheme you can:
- buy up to ten days' extra holiday
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance
- enrol in a Bike to Work scheme
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan
- access childcare vouchers
- take an online health assessment and utilise the employee assistance programme