- Senior Business Analyst - Closing date for applications is 20th July 2021
- Senior Business Analyst - Interviews take place week commencing August 9th 2021
About Our Client
The Planning Inspectorate has a long and proud history in ensuring a fair planning system for England and Wales. The work they do has a significant impact on people's lives, the communities where they live and the economy; whether that is considering an appeal for housing, supporting Local Authorities to develop sound Local Plans or examining applications and providing recommendations to the Secretary of State for major infrastructure projects such as power stations, airport expansions or major roads.
It's a really exciting time to be thinking about joining. They have invested in a multi-million-pound improvement programme to create a more modern Inspectorate. They want their colleagues to be able to work more flexibly and more collaboratively, exploring new and innovative ways to improve the way they provide services. They are continuing to invest in technology and, as well as developing their model to be more customer centric, they have been modernising their processes to introduce increased automation and efficiency.
They have several projects underway and planned, all of which require experienced, proactive and engaging business analysts to deliver new and updated processes and systems over the next two years in line with The Planning Inspectorate's strategic direction and goals. They are implementing and embedding Agile processes across their projects and envisage the majority of projects will use this approach.
You will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary project team, to analyse problems and identify solutions, helping to ensure their projects deliver real business benefit, and ensuring new ways of working are embraced and their services delivered in line with project goals and delivery cycles. You will be an integral part of the digital team whilst working on specific projects and helping to maintain analysis standards whilst improving analysis processes, strategies and methods.
In a typical day you will:
- understand and analyse user and business needs.
- identify and implement opportunities to optimise services and processes.
- identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use (including application of Agile processes and methods).
- lead and undertake the mapping of as-is and to-be processes and/or service designs.
- drive the analysis, identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements and efficiencies.
- work together with others to assist the delivery of organisational strategic objectives, ensuring stakeholders are kept informed of requirement developments.
A key part of the role will be continually developing stakeholder relationships across the business, ensuring information exchange and excellent collaboration.
You will role model The Planning Inspectorate's core values (openness, fairness, impartiality and customer-focussed).
The Successful Applicant
If you are experienced in business analysis, and looking to develop and expand your skillset, then we'd love to hear from you.
What's on Offer
£40,716 - £43,743 basic + benefits