- An opportunity to join a major growing payments company.
- An opportunity to join a growing change function as a Business Analyst
About Our Client
A major Payments organisation based in London.
Senior Business Analyst - Retail banking/Payments key accountabilities:
- To conduct analysis using structured techniques and pragmatic application of best practice standards to define business problems, identify potential solution options and associated evaluation criteria.
- To support the creation of initial business cases and full business cases.
- To work with stakeholders to translate strategic ambition into investment priorities, delivery and outcome requirements, project and programme definitions, delivery plans, testing and acceptance plans and benefits realisation plans.
- To provide documentation as appropriate in accordance change delivery standards and other corporate governance policies.
- To work with project and programme managers to shape and manage the delivery plans, associated risk, issue, assumption, and dependency management.
- To support the gathering, analysis and sharing of Lessons Learned throughout delivery.
- To support the BA Practice Manager in continuously improving the BA Practice, in fostering a community spirit in the BA Practice, and likewise with the PM Practice and the other service lines within the Change Team.
- On larger, more complex, sensitive or high-risk projects and programmes ('major' initiatives), to lead the Business Analysis function for the programme, providing direction, coaching and support as necessary for the Business Analysts on the team.
- To work with programme managers and other stakeholders to formulate and execute the Business Analysis strategy for 'major' programmes.
- To support the development of Business Analysts.
The Successful Applicant
Senior Business Analyst - Retail banking/Payments Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant professional qualification preferred, with strong understanding of the financial services and the payments industry.
- Business Analysis; requirements definition and specification for products and outcomes, problem solving, option construction and evaluation, impact analysis, product and outcome evaluation criteria, testing, strategy alignment, planning and execution.
- Production of associated documentation at a project and programme level, combining business and technical viewpoints and outcomes, complying with regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Pragmatic use of best practice analysis techniques and structured frameworks in financial services.
- The Banking and Payments Industry.
- Ability to 'future-proof' design and partner with technical architects and other specialists.
- 'Major' programmes, including complex business transformation programmes.
- Payments-specific compliance and regulatory knowledge.
- Interviewing, listening, influencing.
- Senior stakeholder, regulators and industry participant engagement.
- Developing and leading business analysis strategy on 'major' programmes and in providing direction and support for a business analysis team engaged on a 'major' programme.
What's on Offer
Up to £80K basic plus benefits.