Senior Business Development Manager - Logistics
Provide employees with a positive and challenging working environment
Enables professional development and work-life balance
About Our Client
A privately held company with a long-established transport operations history, with foundations dating back to 1988. With a strategically located base of operations, providing warehousing and full load distribution logistics with national coverage employing a modern fleet of vehicles.
The latest IT equipment and systems of work are deployed where applicable to control the fleet and employee resources.
Longevity and experience has built trust and respect amongst the industry for delivering flexible transport solutions by listening to the client's needs and adopting them to produce results in the rapidly changing transport environment.
* Generating leads and efficiently keeping in regular contact with existing prospects
* Presenting to senior decision makers.
* Understanding and keeping up-to-date with constant developments in the industry.
* Identifying areas for expansion and development
* Developing a targeted long-term new business strategy to encompass regional clients and foster growth in these key areas for the future.
* Create weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and end of month reports on revenue and market
* Delivering against these targets to ensure revenue expectations are met
* Working closely with the marketing department to develop bespoke campaigns to relevant prospects
* Inputting into sales and marketing collateral - how the business positions itself for various audiences
* Maximising networking opportunities and regularly using conferences, events and trade shows to increase awareness and develop a further network of contacts
The Successful Applicant
Minimum 2/3 years experience within Business Development/New Business or Account Management role (face-to-face
experience imperative; experience within the media, marketing and communications world preferred)
* Self starter who is target-driven and motivated - must be comfortable in a target oriented environment
* Excellent communication and presentation skills (telephone, written and face-to-face)
* Consultative sales skills: our audience is made up of agencies/media owners and requires a balance of soft sell approach and
hard sell closure
* Excellent time management, an individual who thrives on working autonomously
* Experience working in a logistics environment and understanding of (and passion for) the industry.
* The ideal candidate will be determined, outgoing, positive, articulate and diplomatic
NB. Willing to consider candidates that have the majority if not all of these attributes and skills if they can otherwise prove their suitability for the role
What's on Offer
Our client offers a multicultural work environment where you can develop your career and foster your professional growth among diverse opportunities, in a challenging and highly collaborative setup.