Senior Business Systems Analyst (Reinsurance & Insurance)
Amazing opportunity to join a Global Insurance brand with new city centre office
Innovative, Agile IT team, heavily invested into technology and team growth
About Our Client
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
It is an exciting time to join and be part of our growth journey whilst we incorporate agile ways of working to better our customer experience and market offerings.
With an Agile IT function heavily invested into new, state-of-the-art technology tools and platforms and a new Digital Product Management structure, we are seeking talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.
- Working with the business users and Digital Product Managers to accurately capture all stakeholder requests and translate them into system specifications which typically include functional, non-functional, user interface, reports and external interface specifications.
- Collaborates with IT management and where appropriate owns processes to define and develop documentation & business analysis artefact standards, guidelines, processes, and templates.
- Supports business units in the resolution of complex user questions and issues.
- Provides guidance to stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project and program objectives.
- Works with software engineers to ensure that the engineering realisation is in accordance with the business specification.
- Works with the testers to ensure that all software components are tested adequately and participates in Quality Assurance testing as the IT workload requires.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have professional experience working in the role of a Business Systems Analyst or a Technical / IT Business Analyst with experience working on non-functional / technical requirements
- Proven knowledge of working in the Insurance sector and preferably some experience working in Reinsurance (must be familiar with Reinsurance concepts)
- Must have experience working in the full, end-to-end software development lifecycle in an Agile environment, managing stakeholder requirements and providing guidance to project sponsors and senior stakeholders along the way
- A team player, naturally confident, and strong communicator with ability to build relationships with multiple business areas.
- Proven ability to convey technical concepts in a clear, understandable way - specifically, candidates will need to break down complex user stories for non-technical audiences within the business
- Experience working with third party vendors
- Demonstrable experience of SQL Scripting desired
- Direct experience working in the Reinsurance sector designing reinsurance solutions
- Experience working with off-shore development teams
- PL/SQL experience will be a big advantage
- Experience in coding or building web applications
What's on Offer
£55,000 - £65,000 + competitive benefits package to include an attractive pension.
Opportunity to work as part of an Agile team, heavily invested in Technology
Central Birmingham Office
Ability to work on exciting projects and programs of work
Future progression opportunities