Senior Buyer - 12 Month FTC
12 Month FTC - Senior Buyer
Senior Buyer, Buyer, Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain
About Our Client
I'm working with one of the largest suppliers of pharmaceutical processing equipment with a group turnover exceeding £4bil who are looking for a Senior Buyer for a 12 month FTC based out of Eastleigh
Accountable for Supply Chain specific categories/suppliers within the UK and Global Ops. Daily focal point for assigned Projects. Act as the intermediary between the supplier and company representing the company both internally and externally on all supply and logistics issues. A Communicative and diplomatic approach is required as well as an analytical, approach to promote and embrace change within the business. This is a hands on Operational Role that is split 80% tactical and 20% Strategic.
- Contributor in day to day operational buying activities, including placing, chasing and expediting orders.
- Working with the relevant stakeholders to implement and drive cost reductions and supplier rationalisation strategy.
- Ensure clear visibility to management in terms of assigned projects and workload.
- Establish, limit, maintain and develop the supplier matrix portfolio in consultation with Global strategic procurement, engineering, operations and service.
- Drive continuous improvement within the supply base and deliver cost reduction and quality enhancement projects.
- Monitor, drive and improve upon KPI's; report spend data to Global Operations.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate would have experience of project procurement within an operational role, preferably within a global mechanical / electrical engineering environment. Influencing and negotiation skills are essential both internally & externally and knowledge of supplier contracts.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary & package