Senior Buyer - E-commerce, Retail
Newly created buying position in a growing e-commerce business
Work with leading retail brands in the sports and outdoor industry
About Our Client
This young and dynamic business are a true leader in the online sales space for high end winter-sports, outdoor and surf equipment, apparel and accessories.
They have established long standing partnerships with high profile and emerging global brands and are, as a successful enterprise enjoying exponential growth. They are continuing to invest in the organisation and part of this will involve delivering a 5 year business strategy to appeal to an increasingly broader global customer base.
Due to growth an opportunity for an experienced buyer with e-commerce experience now exists within the team. Working with the senior management team the buyer will manage a category of outdoor and sportswear with a focus on helping to propel growth and sales. You will need to keep a finger in the pulse to source the latest products anticipating what the customer wants, sometimes before they know!
You will use your passion for the products and your deep market expertise to negotiate the most competitive prices and deals with suppliers, keep costs down and ensure maximum profitability for the business. In addition you will be responsible for managing vendor relationships, negotiating terms and conditions with brands and ensure the right mix and availability of product in line with changing seasons and a global customer base. You will also have the opportunity to enjoy travel as some (limited) travel is expected in line with supplier/business requirements in the UK and overseas.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly ambitious buyer with an energy and a passion for providing customers with the highest quality of branded product in the market. You will be customer focused and commercially savvy with the practical skills to source supply and negotiate great terms with leading brands. In addition you will have an eye for quality and detail and have a finger on the pulse of the supplier market to find new and emerging products that identify with our customers.
Key Skills Required
- Experience of setting and delivering a category strategy, controlling budget, margin and profitability
- Present range plans for each brand / category each season ensuing all stakeholders in the business are well informed
- Buy in line with seasonal budgets and profit based forecasts
- Supplier: sourcing, supplier evaluation, supplier relationship management
- Negotiation and maintenance of terms and conditions
- Efficiently own all related buying documents and excel when reporting at all levels
What's on Offer
The opportunity to work in a fast paced, thriving, fun business!
- Competitive base salary £30 - £45k
- Bonus: up to 15% performance related bonus
- Benefits: Pension contribution, staff discount
- Holidays: 26 days per annum, plus public holidays