- Excellent development opportunities
- Chance to make an impact within the organization
About Our Client
The company is an industry leader in engineering and manufacturing specialising in automotive industry.
- Meeting with Clients to discuss/define requirements and coordinate supply chain activities between suppliers, clients and Engineering/project teams.
- Maintain and promote relationships with clients, suppliers and the Ricardo community.
- Procurement of project goods including bespoke parts/tooling manufactured from drawing, along with design/development, and other technical services.
- Competitive bidding (RFQ), negotiating prices / added value and reporting cost-reduction achievements
- Liaising with suppliers and Engineering teams on design feasibility issues, expediting orders and agreeing concessions or return rejects
- Control spends against budget and forecasting to completion of project
- Identification & evaluation of potential supply partners (working closely with SQA).
- Negotiation, contracting, and risk evaluation of/with UK and international suppliers.
- Ownership of the end-to-end, purchase-to-pay process for projects assigned
- Coordination and Maintenance of supplier held tooling registers
- Actively supporting the Ricardo procurement community in identification & development of procurement best-practise across all business divisions.
- Take an lead in make vs Buy strategy in conjunction with our manufacturing teams.
- Leading cost estimation activities during product concept phases
- Supporting the business development team on bid preparation and pitching to clients for procurement activities
The Successful Applicant
- Strong data management skills and IT literacy. knowledge with SAP & Info LN Purchasing an advantage
- Negotiation skills with an ability to close the deal in short time frames
- Knowledge of BoM's, PO Processes, familiarity with technical drawings
- A working knowledge of contract law
- Ability to communicate well within a cross-functional team and at all levels.
- CIPS is desirable.
- Background working in an Engineering or manufacturing environment essential
- Demonstrates the highest integrity and ethical values in dealing with clients, suppliers, and colleagues.
- Ability to support regular travel to suppliers/customers domestic & internationally and holder of a driving licence.
- Ability to self-manage and demonstrate resilience/robustness when working to challenging targets
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and great competitive benefits