About Our Client
My client is a leading nuclear organisation based in The North West that are looking for a number of talented Senior Buyers to join their team on a full time basis.
- Interfacing with the Programme and Project Partners Intelligent Client Team.
- To deliver future portfolio of Major Projects, in support of our transformation plan.
- To form part of a commercial team responsible for managing 4 contracts with a combined total value of up to £7Bn over the next 20 years.
- Day to day contract management activities
- Supporting the identification and implementation of strategic initiatives to bring best practice to the management of the contracts.
- Providing professional advisory commercial support and guidance to internal customers
- Taking proactive steps to improve and embed commercial awareness across suppliers, clients and contractors to ensure wider business objectives are met.
- To ensure due diligence and activities undertaken comply with Commercial Directorate policies, procedures, legislative and governmental requirements so that commercial risks are identified and mitigated.
The Successful Applicant
- MCIPS Qualified
- Educated to a degree level
- Experience of working in a major projects environment desired
- Passionate to progress in a forward thinking environment
- Collaborate and work well with the wider business
- Integrate procurement processes in a challenging environment
- Work well under pressure
- Passionate about procurement and keen to make a difference
- Strong Relationship management skills.
- HNC /HND/Degree in Business Management or other relevant disciplines.
- Experience working in procurement/supply covering a broad range of products and services preferably within a highly regulated infrastructure setting (Nuclear, Oil, Gas or similar)
- Managerial experience.
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £35k plus competitive package for the ideal candidate