Senior Role in a well established Retailer
Great Opportunity with a high profile Category
About Our Client
The Client are a true Omni-Channel retailer with a great store presence as well as a fantastic online offering. This well known retail brand have invested significantly in their infrastructure from systems, ecommerce platforms, staff and stores to ensure they are providing an incredible retail offering which is sustainable whilst their competitors continue to struggle AND/OR downsize accordingly.
The Successful Senior Buyer will be responsible for
- The P&L of their category
- Sourcing branded suppliers, negotiating best possible terms, ensuring they are building an incredibly commercial range to add significant value and profit to the business
- Managing a buying team at differing levels, coaching, developing and ultimately future proofing the team's career.
- Working cross functionally with other business units, taking responsibility for their category budget, including stock budget.
- Delivering a trade plan, including promotional activity to ensure optimal results.
- Partnering with merchandising counterpart to ensure optimal stock availability, ultimately maximising sales
- Managing Stake Holders at all levels to ensure business is abreast of all developments and are invested in the category journey.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Senior Buyer will
- Have a strong Buying Background, having negotiated with significant brands previously
- Have a track record of overachieving on budgets, and improving YOY profit performance in previous roles.
- Be a very strong and tenacious negotiator, always leaving with the best deal possible
- Utilise data in order to fully understand customer behaviour and habits, as well as competitor activity to ensure they maintain a competitive advantage in this category
- Be a great people manager with a track record of managing people through job progressions
- Be detail oriented and know what's happening in their category at all times
- Will be able to commute to London on a Daily Basis
What's on Offer
The Successful Candidate will be working for a forward thinking retailer which is receiving great investment. They will have the opportunity to partner with best in class professionals in their respective job functions and work in a fast paced, yet highly collaborative environment.
The Salary on offer will be between £60-70k (depending on internal benchmarking) + bonus.
Apply ASAP to find out more about this fantastic role.