About Our Client
My client are a leading infrastructure organisation that are focused on changing peoples lives through smart infrastructure solutions who are looking for a talented Senior Buyer to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Draft, develop and maintain the project procurement strategy, plan & dashboard to ensure effective communication between procurement, project team (including but not limited to Project Management, Engineering, Expediting, QA/QC SHE, site team's suppliers and client.
- Develop and manage the supply chain for the appointed project ensuring delivery and control (cost, quality, schedule) always in compliance with policies, systems, procedures and contract requirements.
- Management of the procurement process, reporting, budget control & risk management.
- Build strong working relationships with client, the supply chain and all stake holders.
- Identify the procurement need from purchase requisition (electronic, BOM or manual form). Challenge ill-defined, incomplete, non-conforming forms, specs and authorisations.
- Prepare and issue RFQ enquiries and ITT packages, incorporating client and project specific requirements, negotiating best possible commercial terms.
- Competitive bid analysis, including compilation of commercial and technical bid tab & chair commercial/technical clarification meetings.
- Prepare and issue for approval single / sole source justification forms and / or vendor selection reports as required.
- Place Purchase Orders through the corporate purchasing system.
- Manage the cradle to grave procurement cycle within the purchasing system.
- Hold / attend PO kick off / Pre-Production Meeting as required.
- Undertake the appropriate Pre / Post PO administrative requirements and departmental administrative requirements as may be required from time to time.
- Project delivery and control (cost, schedule, quality) ensuring compliance with policies, systems, procedures and contract requirements.
- Undertake supplier performance reviews and B2B meetings in line with company process and procedure.
- Pre-qualification and selection of suppliers.
- Provide support / cover for the buyers on the assigned Project(s).
The Successful Applicant
- Clearly able to demonstrable experience in a client facing role, within a demanding project procurement EPC / EPCm environment.
- Autonomous, effective individually and as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Financial and commercial awareness commensurate with the delivery of contracts for goods and services.
- Sound relationship management experience and skills, covering all organisational levels.
- Demonstrable experience of managing teams in procuring a range of complex packages in an EPC / EPCm environment.
- Proficient in the use of a computerised purchasing system. Experience of using SmartPlant Materials is Preferred.
- Supply chain management and contract management experience.
- Negotiation skills.
- Contractual and commercial acumen.
- Degree qualified / MCIPS accredited (or working towards) is preferable
What's on Offer
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £47k + competitive package for the ideal candidate