FMCG, Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Leading FMCG
About Our Client
I'm working with a leading FMCG business who manufacture in Folkestone and Europe who need a Senior Buyer to join their team in Folkestone. They are a large business who are continuing to expand and bringing new brands on board each year and as a business continue to grow year on year.
The Procurement team are passionate about the diversity the business can offer with involvement in a range of products, they also continue to develop staff with both internal training and support with external training courses.
The Senior will sit within the wider Procurement team of 9 on-site and be responsible for the end to end procurement for your given categories in the direct Procurement team. Involved in both NPI and continuous manufacturing to support business requirements and responsible for the Procurement strategy for your given categories.
- Identify, analyse and communicate new opportunities within categories
- Supplier RFQ for projects (NPD & RCF)
- Contribution to project meetings representing procurement with updates on price, lead time and associated costs for launch
- Manage commercial relationships between Project Management team and external suppliers on specific projects
- Supplier Gap Analysis
- Supplier performance reviews
- Manage supplier relationships and KPIs for portfolio
- Cover for the GP Procurement Manager as required and in times of absence
The Successful Applicant
The ideal background for this position would be from a FMCG or Pharmaceutical background with experience in strategic procurement who is also knowledgeable of procurement's involvement within new product introduction. Other sectors could also be considered for candidates that have worked within a manufacturing environment to produce finished products.
- CIPs (Desirable)
- Knowledge of end to end Supply Chain and SRM
- Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Procurement
What's on Offer
What's on offer to the Senior Buyer?
Competitive salary & package
24 days annual leave (buy/sell 2 days) plus 8 bank holidays
Up to 9% matched contribution pension scheme
3% company performance related annual bonus