- Senior Buyer
- Senior Buyer, Procurement, Purchasing
About Our Client
The role is with an established design and manufacturing business supplying into defence who are going through a large amount of growth and as a result are looking to broaden the team!
Manage Procurement activities for supplier portfolio, running regular business reviews, examining performance & setting improvement goals to meet objectives.
- Develop & drive strong supply partnerships identifying opportunities to climb the value chain & maximise value add to deliver a high performing agile supply chain network
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Perform regular risk assessments & supplier audits, validating suppliers & their investments to ensure that our combined business directions remain convergent
- Deploy problem solving techniques to drive a step change in supplier performance and resolve issues at a root cause level
- Identify and develop new supply sources capable of meeting our demanding specifications and commercial needs
- Prepare RFI & RFQ documentation
- Facilitate the introduction of new parts, adapting the supply chain to support emerging needs
- Drive change, managing the process of engagement, disengagement and change management
The Successful Applicant
I'm looking to speak to candidates from a direct Procurement background within a manufacturing environment. Working collaboratively with Engineering, Quality, Production & Planning teams. An experienced negotiator with technical & engineering knowledge able to read and interpret technical drawings.
What's on Offer
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
26 days holiday, Pension Scheme, Income Protection Scheme, Life Cover, Company Share Incentive Plan, Group EV Salary Sacrifice Scheme & on-site parking.