- Recently transformed procurement function into category management structure
- Hybrid and flexible working encouraged
About Our Client
An organisation supplying the healthcare industry
- In conjunction with the Category Manager, identify, develop and implement sourcing/procurement strategies to deliver sustainable cost reduction for the organisation.
- Lead and implement sourcing initiatives aligned with the organisation's business needs and the procurement plan.
- Conclude sourcing initiatives with relevant legal framework to minimise commercial risks and ensure performance can be monitored.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers to improve quality and service performance, risk mitigation and identify opportunities to drive further value from our relationships.
- Measures and actively manages supplier performance against agreed service levels, implementing improvement plans where required.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, generating a solid understanding of their business and potential impact or directional change for sub-categories.
- Work closely with the relevant key stakeholders to ensure that best value for money is achieved.
- Be the subject matter expert for designated sub-categories, ensuring sound commercial advice is provided to the business at all times.
- Develop a detailed understanding of relevant sub-categories, monitoring and highlighting when market changes will have a material impact on our cost base, recommending relevant action to be taken.
- Comply with and promote the organisation's Procurement Policy across the business.
- Work in conjunction with other Procurement team members and share experiences and practices to further improve procurement process, tools and performance
- For regulatory compliance, underpin robust processes that maintain procurement information/data, files and records.
- Represent the Procurement team at cross functional meetings
- This is not an exhaustive list as senior positions of this nature will require flexibility, adaptability and response to business needs.
The Successful Applicant
- Graduate or equivalent, and/or working towards MCIPS or MCIPS qualified preferred.
- Several years' proven experience in a similar Procurement role and with a comprehensive understanding of purchasing consumables and commercial awareness.
- Demonstrates procurement competence, strong negotiation & influencing skills, with evidence of having applied innovative thinking
- Ability to understand, articulate and lead the sourcing process
- Experience of developing and executing sourcing initiatives.
- "Hands on" approach. Versatile, tenacious and people orientated.
- Able to prioritise effectively, taking into account short and long-term needs of the business.
- Experience of healthcare industries is desirable but not essential.
- Proficiency in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contractual terms & conditions and service level agreements
- Effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal), with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well organised and accurate under pressure
- Ability to gather, collate, analyse and interpret large amounts of procurement and financial data.
- Effective in analytical thinking, decision making, report writing and presentations.
- Ability to lead and participate actively in cross-functional project teams and familiarity with process improvement methodology.
- The ability to work effectively with senior and other business management is essential.
- Ability to maintain a sound and effective supplier relationships based on the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum) at an advanced level.
- Full Driving License required.
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £50,000 + benefits