Senior Capital Portfolio Manager (Non-Housing) - North London
Be part of exciting major project across City of London
Competitive industry daily rate
About Our Client
- Supervise the overall performance of consultants or contractors and take action when undue delay or negligence occurs, recommending legal action or the removal of consultants or contractors where necessary.
- Report to the appropriate Committees on progress with the projects and liaise with Chairman, Project Sponsors Co-Sponsors and Elected members as necessary.
- Presentation of subjective reports, to Corporation Committees and External Bodies (Public Meetings, Trust Boards, Sponsors & Co-Sponsors, Grant Aid Bodies, Government Ministers, Departments Civil Servants, and Major Building Occupiers) concerning project strategy, programmes, budgets and outputs.
- Manage the budgets for all assigned Projects and approve release of staged payments to contractors and consultants. Certify project completion and final payments.
- Develop Risk / Opportunity Management Techniques - allocating risks as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
Professional Qualifications / Relevant Education & Training
- Chartered Membership recognised professional body i.e. RICS, RIBA, CIBSE, IOB, ICE or I StrucE.
- Practitioner level membership of APM
- Demonstrable experience of working at a Senior Principal level.
- Significant experience of managing external contractors, consultants, and specialists.
- Significant experience of managing internal staff teams.
- Significant experience of leading on and managing multi-million construction projects.
- Experience of presenting contentious and subjective reports to stakeholders concerning project strategy, programmes, budgets and outputs.
- Experience of negotiating with outside agencies, including solicitors, contractors and multi-disciplinary consultants and other stakeholders on project strategy, programmes, budgets and outputs.
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with a competitive industry salary.