Senior Category Manager
An exciting opportunity within a Global FMCG
Are you looking to work on a household name brands?
About Our Client
My client is a global FMCG business with household name brands. They offer real responsibility and the opportunity to make an impact on the wider business whilst working autonomously.
The Senior Category Manager role is a pivotal one that brings together the relationship between my client and their customers to create effective category growth solutions and fully maximise the category performance.
- This is done by the delivery of best in class Category management plans and recommendations
- The Senior Category manager also leads the category agenda cross functionally within the business for a specific category. This means influencing, informing and guiding the key stakeholders within the business on future direction and opportunities within the category.
- Provide objective category management expertise to our customers in the areas of product, promotions, range, merchandising, shoppers and coverage.
- Develop, deliver communicate and embed the vision and strategy for the new category growth drivers within our customers' businesses.
- Use high level category/segment knowledge to proactively highlight business issues/opportunities/risks to relevant commercial and marketing colleagues.
- Lead the range review process with our customers, and internally, setting the strategic category direction, managing in depth opportunity analyses, including segmentation, range, space & merchandising
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have :
- Strong experience with a strong record of success in a Blue Chip FMCG environment in Category.
- A proven track record of successfully leading and working with retailers on large and complex category strategies and their implementation.
- Proven experience influencing both customers and colleagues in commercial and marketing
- Proven experience in successfully managing and growing a grocery category within a fast paced FMCG or Retail environment
- Proven experience in the development, implementation and review of category plans and range reviews
- Strongly analytical & proficient in the use of external market data tools with the ability to turn data into insight using and interpreting IRI, Kantar, Retail Link data systems.
What's on Offer
6 month FTC with a competitive salary + benefits / day rate is on offer for the successful candidate.