Senior Category Manager
Are you looking for your next progressive step?
Would you like to join a leading FMCG business?
About Our Client
Leading global FMCG business, with a strong presence across all channels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of best in class Category management plans and recommendations across categories
- The Senior Category manager also leads the category agenda cross functionally within the business for a specific category. This means influencing, informing and guiding the key stakeholders on future direction and opportunities within the category.
- Provide objective category management expertise to our customers in the areas of product, promotions, range, merchandising, shoppers and coverage to enable the business to be viewed as trusted Category experts.
- Develop, deliver communicate and embed the vision and strategy for the new category growth drivers within customers' businesses.
- Use high level category/segment knowledge to proactively highlight business issues/opportunities/risks to relevant commercial and marketing colleagues.
- Lead the range review process with customers, and internally, setting the strategic category direction, managing in depth opportunity analyses, including segmentation, range, space & merchandising , promotions recommendations as appropriate
The Successful Applicant
Kery requirements of the role include:
- 3-5 years' experience with a strong record of success in a Blue Chip FMCG environment in Category.
- A proven track record of successfully leading and working with retailers on large and complex category strategies and their implementation.
- Proven experience influencing both customers and colleagues in commercial and marketing
- Proven experience in successfully managing and growing a grocery category within a fast paced FMCG or Retail environment
- Proven experience in the development, implementation and review of category plans and range reviews
- Strongly analytical & proficient in the use of external market data tools with the ability to turn data into insight using and interpreting IRI, Kantar, Retail Link data systems.
What's on Offer
There is a competitive package on offer, with potential flex for the right candidate