Senior Civil Engineer - housebuilding
Luxury house builder with focus on quality of design AND build
Strong, close knit team.
About Our Client
Privately owned residential developer with a national presence, focusing on the luxury end of the market with a real passion for detail, quality of design and construction to the point where no expense is spared to get it right. They have a real pride in their product which filters down to all levels.
They are looking to build their technical team with like-minded professionals who strive to build right first time, and can work autonomously on their tasks, collaborating and supporting the team as required.
Joining the technical team, you will be working across the full engineering spectrum, with an emphasis on front end land viability. Typical example duties include:
- Undertake full SI's and support technical appraisal of land at enquiry stage.
- Appoint, manage and liaise with a range of consultants to secure accurate information for civil design including drainage, highways, roads, levels etc.
- Instructing consultants/surveying departments to tender and carry out infrastructure works.
- Arranging pre-start meetings with the contractor, agreeing on programme and constraints as appropriate.
- Assisting the Land and Financial teams to ensure Section 106 requirements are met including payments.
- Completion of technical agreements such as S278, S38 and S104 agreements with sewer easements as appropriate, together with service authority contracts.
- Inspect sites and ensure they are suitable and ready for bond clearance and full adoption.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in your application, it is critical that you have a strong civil engineering background with a minimum of 8years experience working for a volume housebuilder. You will be fluent with the various stages involved in taking a scheme from feasibility forward through to adoption. A driving licence is required in order to make site visits.
What's on Offer
Exceptionally competitive salary with generous package to include company car/car allowance, private pension, healthcare, 23 days annual leave + Christmas closing and Bank Holidays. You will be joining a team and business that genuinely cares about its work, attention to details and doing things the correct way.