Senior Commercial Finance Manager
Commercial Not for Profit Organisation based in Leeds
Market leading benefits and a reputable organisation with job security
About Our Client
A very well established, yet consistently innovative organisation based in Leeds with a great work life balance, sense of purpose of what the organisation delivers and excellent holiday and pension scheme.
Do you have a deep understanding of commercial markets and business models to play the lead Finance role in the development and delivery of the organisation's Commercial growth strategy? Will you demonstrate the skills and ability to support the growth of commercial operations, such as hotel, conferencing, hospitality and sports offers? Do you have experience in defining and establishing business models, supporting business case preparation, deal negotiation, and its implementation?
Do you have the resourcefulness to help support the re-establishment of the organisation's Sports, Catering, Conferencing & Events businesses following COVID-19? Are you comfortable leading a team and establishing effective financial controls in a dynamic commercial environment?
If the answers to these questions are yes, then here is an overview of some of the key areas of delivery that you will be achieving as a Senior Commercial Finance Manager:
You will be the lead Finance role supporting the development and delivery of the organisation's Commercial growth strategy.
You will have a flair for understanding and explaining the financial drivers and linkages of the relevant commercial business models, and highly competent in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and supporting the delivery of financial results.
You will ensure the highest level of financial control for dynamic commercial activities ranging from venue based events to retail catering outlets.
You will deputise for the Head of Finance and have line management responsibility for members of the Management Accounting team whilst being an integral member of the Commercial senior management team, and you will work collaboratively.
- The role holder must be able to proactively influence decision making through negotiation skills and have excellent work prioritisation and management skills to see multiple priorities and projects to implementation in a busy working environment.
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate for this Senior Commercial Finance Manager role you will need to possess the following skills and experience.
- A recognised professional accountancy qualification ( ACA / ACCA / CIPFA / CIMA )
- Excellent knowledge of commercial business models and the key drivers of their financial performance, ideally based on strong experience of venue management: hospitality, retail or sports
- A keen eye, not afraid to challenge, and ability to understand the business
- Successful track record of delivering financial results as a partner to senior stakeholders in a complex organisation
- Good political and cultural awareness, highly developed influencing and negotiating skills and the ability to persuade others at all levels
- Ability to mine data from financial systems and present powerfully and insightfully to enable stakeholders to make financial sense of their strategic, tactical and operational choices
- Excellent analytical skills, with ideally, evidence of application to commercial business model choices
- The ability to provide insight and guidance in the formulation and evaluation of strategic options for the commercial businesses
- Demonstrable experience of working and successfully delivering within a large and complex environment with multiple stakeholders.including working in a finance role supporting the production and delivery of strategic plans
- Experience of working in a busy working environment including the ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of financial control, ideally such as in a retail PCI DSS environment
- Be an effective team leader, deputy, and team colleague
What's on Offer
c£50,000 - £60,000 depending upon relevant experience
Career average pension scheme
Staff discount schemes
40 days holiday including statutory days