Senior Commercial Manager
You will be working for the Developer on large-scale residential projects;
You will be reporting directly into the Operations Director & Board.
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established development company with a strong track record in delivering quality projects in the London Residential market. They currently have a portfolio pipeline of circa 3,000 units, at various stages from conception through to construction delivery stage, and are currently looking to acquire further large scale opportunities across London and Home Counties.
- Control and managing construction costs of projects from initial budgeting through to development completion. Lead cost reduction exercise and ensure value for money whilst maintaining high standards of quality.
- Provide cost advice to project teams to ensure the design is within the agreed budget.
- Manage relationship with and the works of external quantity surveyors.
- Assist the Operations Director to set up future supplier chain.
- Overseeing financial key performance indicators (KPIs) of a project. Ensuring that the project team understands key financial and commercial driver of the project.
- Assessing financial and commercial risks and reporting, providing financial direction to the project team and advice to the Operations Director.
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems; evaluating and agreeing contract variations, carrying out monthly site valuations; attending site progress meetings.
- Reporting on financial performance to the board.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered you must be able to demonstrate the following elements:
- Experience of working for a large house builder is a must.
- Thorough understanding of residential project construction costs. Ability to review and scrutinise cost plan, compare against market rates and other competitors' build costs.
- Working on high density residential projects in the UK, preferably in London and Home Counties.
- Proven track record of successfully managing residential projects costs and commercial issues.
- Good experience in contractor procurement, JCT contracts, contract negotiation and contract administration.
- Good relationships with supply chain.
- Relevant degree and MRICS qualification.
What's on Offer
A good salary and competitive bonus and benefits package.