- DRIVING A ZERO EMISSIONS FUTURE
- BE PART OF A TEAM THAT'S CHANGING THE WORLD
About Our Client
Williams Advanced Engineering (WAE) is a fast-growing technology and engineering services business delivering innovative electrification and light weighting solutions to meet the demands of the future mobility industry. WAE delivers world-class technical innovation, engineering, consulting and more recently manufacturing products and services - particularly in high performance batteries and battery management systems - to deliver energy efficient solutions for its customers and generate a strong portfolio of IP.
The business serves an increasingly diverse customer base across motorsport, automotive, aerospace, defence, energy, and other transportation markets. Formed in 2010, WAE has over 400 employees based at Williams' Technology Campus in Grove, Oxfordshire. Formerly a wholly owned subsidiary of the Williams F1 Group, WAE is now owned by Fortesque Metals Group (FMG) who with its subsidiary Fortesque Future Industries (FFI) are driving a path to decarbonisation of the energy supply and mining sectors. The business has a clear vision to develop foreground IP using WAE and to exploit and disseminate this into multi-sector commercial offerings.Working in close collaboration with its customers, Williams Advanced Engineering helps meet the engineering challenges of the 21st century, mobility, sustainability and efficiency.
Accelerate your career by accelerating an electric future where engineering and innovation meet,
Great people doing great things in an electrifying environment
The Senior Commercial Manager will:
- Identify, develop and secure profitable new business from the Automotive and adjacent sectors.
- Technology areas to include all areas of automotive engineering including HV Battery and Electrified propulsion systems, chassis, aero, homologation.
The role will require a high level of interface between the customer and the engineering teams to ensure innovative and successful projects can be won and managed effectively.
- Plan, develop, and execute strategies to provide pipeline of qualified new business leads.
- Bid documentation management and delivery
- Working with other departments, support and lead the negotiation of business prospects from initial identification through to contract
- Customer portfolio development
- Form, maintain and manage client relationships
- Identifying and developing strategies and tactics for business development and sales focusing on both the established automotive markets and new, emerging markets.
- Making initial approaches, understanding and capturing customer requirements, preparing and presenting proposals, negotiating contracts, and maintaining post sale customer relationships.
- Ability to produce proposals and analyse complex problems and business cases, sometimes working as part of a team and sometimes independently.
The Successful Applicant
The Senior Commercial Manager will have:
- Track record in a commercial or business development role within the Automotive industry.
- Ability to demonstrate a successful track record of winning and maintaining business in the Automotive industry or a related industry.
- Degree qualified in a related Engineering degree
- Experience of working in the EV and Autonomous vehicle sector
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management and Engineering teams
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience and success of commercial contract negotiation
- A working knowledge of working across markets and regions within the automotive industry would be advantageous.
What's on Offer
Great package, great people, great future and great culture
Salary is commensurate with the role plus tremendous benefits