- Working on very high profile sensitive Communications content
- Working on nation wide communications and engagement
About Our Client
A very high profile Government Organisation based in London.
- Working as part of the broader Communications team, support the Directorate of Major Investigations to develop and implement communications plans supporting a number of significant investigations and reports.
- Attend relevant meetings, working groups and project boards, representing Communications to advise on strategic communication risks and opportunities.
- Working with colleagues in the broader Communications team, lead media relations identifying and managing emerging issues and opportunities for proactive communication.
- Work closely with the Head of Communications and other team members to draft and secure approval for content developed for internal and external audiences across on and offline channels including website content, social media case studies and other communications materials as required.
- Work closely with the stakeholder engagement team to ensure a joined-up approach to content and messaging
- Identify opportunities to improve knowledge and understanding about the organisation by working with partner organisations.
- Liaise with colleagues across the organisation to ensure that consistent messages are communicated to all stakeholders.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the communications activity delivered and when required produce evaluation reports.
- Carry out other general communications activities and provide communications support for other organisational priorities as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of developing and implementing successful communications plans for complex projects
- Experience of handling sensitive media enquiries and working with the media
- Ability to advice, negotiate and influence colleagues at all levels
- Ability to develop and deliver clear, consistent, and tailored messages for internal and external audiences
- Good creative skills and a proactive approach to handling communications challenges
- Ability to write clear, high-quality, accurate copy that is suitable for both digital and print-based products, and for a range of audiences
- Experience of organising events
- A good understanding of how to evaluate and measure communications activity
- A track record of working to tight deadlines and juggling a range of priorities
- Experience of working in a busy team environment independently, confidently and with initiative
- A good knowledge of current communications techniques and practice
What's on Offer
6 month fixed term contract with possible extension paying £40,000 - £41,500 including ILW based in London. Flexible working available.