Senior Completion Engineer
world's largest oil company
perfect role for individuals focused on R&D/product development
About Our Client
The world's largest oil company.
My client are seeking Completion Engineers for their Aberdeen Technology Office. They are looking for professionals to conduct upstream research in the Advanced Completions Team. The position offers the opportunity to contribute in leading edge technology development to increase recovery, improve operational efficiency and reduce cost.
This technical role will be responsible for introducing completion technologies by identifying company needs, setting tool requirements, designing innovative solutions, managing product development collaborations, field trialing new products and commercializing the technology.
You are expected to be able to do the following:
- Initiate technology development proposal.
- Manage existing projects and scope new ones professionally
- Generate new ideas and concept design proposals of mechanical completion components, integrated downhole completion systems, and model their performance in a given well.
- Run finite-element analysis and computational fluid dynamics on completion items (a plus to have).
- Perform business case analysis for the need to develop new products.
- Perform failure mode and effects analysis, fault tree analysis and tool reliability studies.
- Install and trial test new technologies in the field and implement full-scale deployment of high-impact technologies.
- Recommend new advanced completion techniques for horizontal and multi-lateral wells.
- Write and publish technical papers
- Write a patent draft (invention disclosure generation)
- Prepare and present technical talks to highly technical audience.
- Participate in technical societies and groups.
The Successful Applicant
Applicants should meet the following criteria:-
- Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline. Master's or PhD degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience with demonstrated skills design and R&D (or equivalent) of completions or equipment.
- Working knowledge of horizontal and multilateral well architecture, completion and production procedures and technologies.
- Awareness of well intervention methods, advanced completions packaging and product testing and qualification.
- Other skills such as Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, reliability, metallurgy, nodal analysis, functional completion design, and intellectual property are a plus.
- Ability to interact and communicate clearly with professionals from other disciplines at all levels.
- History of technical publications and patents.
What's on Offer
Attractive package on offer.