Senior Compliance Advisory Manager - US Regulation
Senior opportunity in Capital Markets
Knowledge of Fixed Income products essential
About Our Client
My client is a Capital Markets focused firm based in the City of London.
The Senior Compliance Advisory Manager - US Regulation will:
- Be responsible for: BAU execution of the CFTC Swap Dealer compliance program; The implementation of and BAU execution of the Security Based Swap Dealer (SBSD) compliance program; The remediation of gaps, deficiencies, or required enhancement to existing policies, processes, or procedures and; The business as usual execution of the SEC and other relevant US regulation as it impacts activity carried out from the Bank's European offices.
- Be responsible for advisory coverage of fixed income, currencies & commodities and equities businesses, including the sales and trading activity in the Europe offices, as well as working closely with the US Compliance team and partner with US support and control functions on the impact of the relevant U.S. regulations in Europe.
- Be responsible for advisory coverage of fixed income, currencies & commodities and equities business, including the sales and trading activity in London as they are impacted by UK and EU regulation.
- Be responsible for the creation and maintenance of compliance policies, procedures and processes to reflect regulatory and internal requirements impacting fixed income, currencies & commodities and equities businesses.
- Provides advice on relevant regulations and internal policies and procedures to internal stakeholders.
- Provides regular compliance training and education including conducting formal and informal compliance training, creating training and educational materials.
- Monitors and identifies regulatory, compliance and industry developments through review of publications, participation in industry associations, dialogue with regulators, and interactions with counsel and auditors.
- Evaluates new products, programs, services and business initiatives to ensure compliance issues are identified and addressed and an appropriate Compliance program to support the initiative is implemented.
- Coordinates with central compliance groups, including Testing and Surveillance, to provide reasonable assurance that the firm is in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Require A strong knowledge of:
- SEC, CFTC, and NFA rules/regulations;
- regulatory, compliance and legal requirements, and issues in the OTC derivatives/swap dealer industries gained through relevant industry and professional experience and education;
- swap dealer, broker-dealer, and futures commission merchant business activities, operations, policies, procedures and systems; and
- knowledge of swap dealer, broker-dealer and futures commission products, services and developments in the marketplace.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge and comprehension of EU and UK regulatory rules and applicable handbooks, including MiFID, MAR and EMIR
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits package.