Senior Compliance Manager Africa (M/F) - Nigeria - Tech
Knowledge of AML, KYC & CFT, experience with regulators in Africa & the US
Experience with listed & regulated MNC, banking, finance services & institutions
About Our Client
Our client is an international start-up and key player of the Tech industry in Africa. As part of the set-up of its Group Legal & Compliance department, we are looking for a Senior Compliance Manager Africa to be based in Kenya or in Nigeria.
Based in Nairobi or Lagos, you report to the Group General Counsel and play a key leading role in structuring the department and ensuring that the Group is in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in Africa.
In line with this role, you will be expected to fulfill the following assignments :
- Designing and implementing structure and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Africa,
- Participating in the set-up and management of the company's compliance policies, procedures and developing new ones to address emerging issues in applicable laws/regulations,
- Designing, implementing and supporting the compliance operations of the Group function with emphasis on management and oversight of the company's sanctions compliance, anti-money laundering (AML), "know your customer" (KYC) and Sanction & Embargo (S&E) processes,
- Communicating and facilitating a culture of ethical behavior and integrity to all employees, business partners and stakeholders,
- Monitoring adherence to affiliates and employees understanding, commitment and agreement to follow the Company's policies and procedures,
- Driving the Company's compliance training content,
- Framing and maintaining accurate and complete records of all compliance matters,
- Providing reporting to executive and business unit management.
The Successful Applicant
You have a degree in law with a minimum of ten years' experience in generalist senior compliance roles looking after Africa in the private sector with regulated and listed multinational companies of the telcos, FMCG, banking, financial services & institutions industries. Exposure to regulators and law enforcement agencies in the US and Africa will be an added value as well as experience with KYC, S&E and AML. You have strong entrepreneur skills together with high agility and wish to bring your organization and prioritization skills to succeed in a setting up, fast-paced and fascinating start-up environment.
What's on Offer
Local attractive package