Senior Corporate Tax Manager
A senior and very flexible Tax planning role offering autonomy and growth.
Scope for Partner on offer in an advisory lead senior tax role.
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with a leading independent practice who are looking to recruit a Senior Corporate Tax Manager to join as a pivotal hire into their Tax team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Tax professional. This is predominantly an advisory-lead role, which will see the right Tax candidate focusing on Tax Planning i.e. Inheritance Tax, R&D, Capital Allowance. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. As a result of ongoing growth and succession planning for the future development of the firm, the firm is looking for an individual who is ambitious and has aspirations of becoming an Equity Partner. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, reflected by high staff retention and an environment where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Senior Corporate Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Cardiff are:
- You will focus on delivering wide-ranging tax advice to the firm's clients, with a very mixed role across both personal and corporate tax advice.
- Personal Tax: you will cover wide-ranging tax planning and advisory work with examples across capital tax planning, IHT, trusts, wills, property-related tax advice/implications and succession planning.
- Corporate Tax: you will be significantly involved in corporate tax-related work such as involvement in mergers, sales and acquisitions tax advice, company reorganisations, R&D and other areas of corporate tax planning.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Senior Corporate Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Cardiff, you must be:
- ATT and/or CTA qualified, or ACA qualified, with a strong background in mixed tax, ideally with advisory and planning experience to compliment your compliance background;
- You will be searching for a career move, where you can progress your tax advisory career and carve a key role within a leading, chartered accountancy firm;
- Personable and able to interact well with a range of clients;
- Dynamic and enthusiastic about growing the department; and
- A broad range of technical knowledge.
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary (dependent on experience);
- Full working remotely/working from home (if applicable);
- Progressive role (scope for partner); and
- Leadership and Strategy responsibilities.