Senior Customs Manager
Leading 3PL Business - Multi-User E-Commerce & Retail Client Base
Rapidly Growing European Business
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics are exclusively recruiting for a Senior Customs Manager role for a market leading UK & European 3PL provider based Leicester.
This business, already on an upwards trajectory with multiple recent contract wins have seen a greater demand throughout the COVID-19 pandemic for their customers products across 5+ sites across the UK.
This role requires the successful candidate to:
- Be responsible for key business areas / contracts from; inbound, receipt of order and customer fulfilment - including: Operational Planning, Order Distribution, Customs clearance documentation, HMRC reporting and ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
- Map the company's complex customer supply chains in a post Brexit scenario and identifying risks and opportunities.
- Building and maintaining relationships with customs brokers.
- Manage the administration function in the reviewing and acceptance of T&C's, Customer payment terms, Delivery dates, POD's and compliance within a Bonded operations.
- Be the interface between the senior management team, Suppliers and end Customer.
- Pre and post Brexit, advise the business of any updates to UK import and export regulations to ensure the business remains up to date with any changes that may occur.
- Support and advise customers on all international import / export requirements.
- Raise, complete and adapt EUR1 forms and certificate of origin paperwork.
- Developing, implementing, and optimising departmental strategy, processes, systems, policies and standards.
- Support the Director in all customs related matters and providing regular status reports up to Board level.
- Ideally located within the Leicester / East Midlands region with flexibility on travel.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Senior Customs Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background - Essential.
- A minimum of 5+ years Import / Export / Customs experience - Essential.
- Knowledge of Bonded operations - Advantageous.
- Past experience of working for a 3PL / Contract Logistics provider - Advantageous.
- People management experience would be advantageous given the potential of managing a small team across Customs & Operations - Advantageous.
- An in depth knowledge and experience in Customs and Excise regulations along with road freight, sea freight and air freight - Essential.
- Have knowledge of regulatory compliance within international trade for EU and non EU countries.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Process focused with attention to detail and experience in setting up and managing processes and procedures.
What's on Offer
This position offers a competitive package, including:
- Salary - £70,000 to £80,000.
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- Up to a 15% company Bonus scheme.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Health care Scheme.
- Plus additional company benefits.