- Play a key role in the fight against Covid using Data!
- Work alongside highly talented individuals in a crucial project
About Our Client
My client is a critical healthcare organisation in the Public Sector and Government industry.
The successful candidate for the Senior Data Analyst - Public Sector 6-month contract role will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- Take ownership of the collection, organisation, cleaning and quality assurance of data from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Proactively work with the client-facing analysts in the team to support the creation and maintenance of data pipelines for BI tools.
- Employ best-practice concepts and principles of data integrity and engineering, taking ownership and great pride in producing, documenting, and maintaining code and data, and conducting ad hoc data exploration to support this.
- Lead in the building of scalable, reliable and performant database structures for reporting, resolving data issues and building evolved models according to requirements.
- Lead the development and deployment of reproducible analytics pipelines, best practice dataops /data engineering concepts and manipulation techniques, in collaboration with developers, analysts and data scientists, and with support and oversight from more senior colleagues.
- Lead on data ingestion ensuring familiarity with platforms and tools being created for the organisation both internally and by third parties.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, reports and papers detailing the outcomes of marketing performance insights ensuring all recommendations are actionable and demonstrate impact.
- Proactively share knowledge and skills to increase overall capability and take personal responsibility for maintaining up-to-date knowledge in the areas of data analytics/data science, digital media and ad technology.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Senior Data Analyst - Public Sector contract role the candidate must present evidence of the following
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills - for example a degree / qualification in a quantitative field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Physics) or the equivalent knowledge.
- Advanced SQL skills to extract, enrich and model data from a variety of data sources.
- Proven expertise in carrying out data cleansing and data linking, with rigorous data validation and quality assurance across a variety of data types.
- Proven knowledge of best-practice data management, comfortable working with structured datasets, APIs and web-based acquisition methods.
- A track record in building, deploying and maintaining data visualisation reports using tools and platforms.
- Confident presenting to senior stakeholders in a clear and concise manner, both through written and verbal communication.
- A track record of developing strategic plans and managing projects whilst delivering to tight deadlines and remaining adaptable to evolving organisational priorities.
It is desirable you have:
- Working knowledge of statistical coding languages such as R and/or Python.
- Working knowledge of best-practice version and quality control methods, and data privacy and ethical considerations when applying data analytics/data science.
- Working knowledge of using agile project delivery methodology and teamwork, to deliver effectively and efficiently.
What's on Offer
The day rate for this role is £600 per day via an Umbrella and £500 per day PAYE