Senior Data Analyst - Technical Liability
Industry recognised training and develpment plans
Flexible working within a trusting environment.
About Our Client
The position sits within a Central team responsible for customer solutions, technology transformation and liability data & risk analytics to an award-winning Financial business.
- Provide technical support to the teams within business departments, e.g. Reporting Team, Risk Team etc
- Manipulate large quantities of data from various systems for the production of MI
- Suggest and implement improvements to streamline current processes
- Identify improvements to technical process and systems and propose effective solutions to business problems.
- Design and/or build new in-house technical solutions to resolve new and existing business issues
- Engage, and lead, in business-critical projects ensuring correct technical decisions are made
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, third parties and senior managers to ensure understanding of technical issues and possible solutions
- In the planning and execution of technical delivery, ensure customer expectations are met
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Candidate:
- Degree (preferably numerate/technical) or equivalent
- A detailed understanding of the features and benefits of bulk and individual annuity products
- Proven ability to address and use initiative to deliver solutions to technical and business problems
- Development experience and coding skills (some of: VB, Java, C++, SQL, APL or SAS)
- Ability to effectively present and influence at senior management level, having the confidence to deal with challenges and objections.
- Familiarity using Oracle or MS SQL Server required
- Familiarity with web based delivery, Java components
What's on Offer
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 25 days' holiday (plus one day after two years), private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.