Senior Data Analyst
Opportunity to be part of a transformational project.
Provide expert advice for all matters relating to data.
About Our Client
My London based client is a public sector and government health-care organisation.
My client - a Public Sector and Government health-care organisation is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to engage in the following:
- Strategic planning & service development
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of the data and information requirements of the Improvement & Transformation Office (ITO); identify types of data requiring capture, monitoring, collation and reporting.
- Ensure that data is captured, structured and stored appropriately so that it is easy to interrogate for reporting purposes.
- Assist in the implementation and support of new systems which may be required to deliver business intelligence to internal and external stakeholders/customers.
- Act as a data specialist within ITO.
- Service management scheduled and ad-hoc reports
- Lead on aspects of performance reporting as directed.
- Development of accessible, data-related service improvement tools and techniques to meet bespoke service requirements.
- Prepare, produce and distribute complete, accurate and timely regular reports from the various systems used within the Trust to meet internal customers and external organisations' requirements.
- Communicate analytical/statistical findings for a wide range of audiences, including non-analytical professionals.
- Lead in the design, development and testing of new reports as directed by the Programme or Business Change Manager.
- Act as the first point of contact for ad-hoc information requests, working with individuals and teams to prioritise, understand and articulate their information needs.
- Develop, configure and maintain local databases, spread sheets and information systems as required ensuring these are aligned with Trust's Business Intelligence guidance and processes
- Data and data quality
- Responsible for sourcing and manipulation of relevant data-sets from internal/external systems as required, to meet Programme requirements.
- Analyse complex data-sets as required.
- Create and maintain business intelligence tools to enable end users to access timely, accurate and understandable data that is useful to their needs.
- Create interactive analyses, dashboards and KPI monitoring to present and report performance and other highly complex information, adjusting presentational styles to meet the requirements of different audiences.
- Service user support & training
- Provide training for identified staff members in relevant information management systems, analysis tools and reports available and assist them in analysing information for improvement purposes, as required.
- Support project team to evaluate project impact and calculate return on investment using a range of relevant metrics (e.g. COPQ).
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Senior Data Analyst role at my client's site in London the candidate must present evidence of the following:
Outstanding Communication Skills
- To use effective communication and questioning in order to understand the full scope of the information required.
- Communicate analytical/statistical information, advising of known issues and offering guidance on concepts used to aid understanding.
- To effectively communicate with line manager all pertinent issues arising in order to keep them informed of workload, the direction of travel and to receive feedback/support.
- Establish and maintain good communication with end users including interpreting requests for new work and providing training and support for released products.
- To produce and maintain appropriate documentation for all development activities, data-sets and structures.
- To work in conjunction with the Central Informatics team sharing ideas and knowledge in order to inform best practice.
- To work across Trust boundaries in the wider geography to identify key contacts and Stakeholders for data management and reporting.
Education to Masters level in a statistical analysis or a data science subject, or equivalent professional qualification or experience.
- Postgraduate IMT or statistic qualification (diploma level) or equivalent experience in relevant field
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Previous role requiring experience of database development.
- Demonstrative experience and knowledge of demand and capacity modelling
- Experience of working or supporting multiple stakeholders across several organisations, divisions, or locations
- Experience of preparing analytical support to senior management and preparation of reports to senior/board level
- Demonstrative experience of creating dashboards, reports and tools using advance excel techniques
- Experience of line management
- Good examples of automatous working and working as part of a team
- Knowledge of public health-care infrastructure and good understanding of Trust or community Trusts
- Comprehensive knowledge of project disciplines/techniques and tools such as ITIL, PRINCE 2, MSP
- Familiarity with PLICS
What's on Offer
- Minimal travel required - role predominately remote
- Competitive day rate