Senior Design Engineer
Senior Design Engineer in South East London.
Join a successful global design and manufacturing business.
About Our Client
My client is a leading global design and manufacturing business in South East Kent.
The Senior Design Engineering will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of engineering related to customer needs and standard products, including safety, performance, integrity and cost
- Coordinates and completes all engineering projects (setting deadlines, monitoring and summarising progress on projects).
- Works with project management team and Sales to meet margin requirements.
- Collaborates with the management team to summarise and forecasts the business performance as defined by the objectives of the annual and long - range plans.
- Modifies existing switch designs per customer input and needs. Standard Product Modification and Selective Core Market Expansion projects would require executing and/or managing all aspects of the product design phases including concept design, detail design, detail drawings, design reviews (internal and with the customer), design analysis, FMEA's, test and validation plans and all other steps (as required and applicable), to ensure successful project implementation.
- Compiles budgetary costings from a design concept, using standard Microsoft Excel based cost models to ensure a quick response to the Sales team.
- Closely works with Strategic sourcing, Production Engineering, Sales and Quality Departments.
- Required to work directly with suppliers as needed to ensure product design integrity.
- Closely work with sales team, assuring technical support (internal and external), including customer visits, partnering on account strategies and providing technical insight to drive account growth
- Consulting with customers as part of investigating pain points and product/process improvement opportunities.
- Identifying and mitigating high risk items through the customer-back innovation process.
The Successful Applicant
- Established Design Engineer within a similar environment.
- SolidWorks 2018.
- Project Management skills are essential, APQP knowledge preferred.
- Good analytical skills: FMEA capability studies and mathematical simulation.
- Knowledge of circuit board design is essential - optionally electronic circuit design.
- Fluency with MS Office Applications ( Word, Excel (VLOOKUP and pivot tables), PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Detailed knowledge of a wide range of design and manufacturing processes, plastic and metal injection moulding, die-casting, metal pressing, printed circuit board manufacture and assembly.
What's on Offer
£40,000 - £46,000 + Benefits