- Dev role for a financial giant!
- Brilliant project with various aspects that will develop you
About Our Client
My client is a market leading investment bank in the financial and banking industry.
The successful candidate for the Senior Developer - C++ / Apex 6 month contract will fulfil the following responsibilities -
- As a developer, main responsibilities will be to design and develop new pieces of software, to enhance existing software to provide new functionality requested by the business and to correct bugs. For most of the projects Business Analysts provide specifications for the developers to work with.
- In the lead up to a major release, developers are expected to get involved fixing regression bugs, maintaining the automated regression tests and with the regression testing of an allocated area of the system.
- Develop new enhancements as requested by the business for the Front, Middle or Back Office. Enhancements can be in the form of new financial products, new booking methods, improving functionality, reacting to audit points, regulatory requirements etc.
- Maintenance - bug fixing, intra-day technical support and overnight 3rd line support.
- Deliver high quality technical solutions to the business.
- Staying abreast of new technologies
- Staying abreast of new technical developments/ guidelines within the bank
- Researching and developing solutions that can be applied to Apex to improve our ability to deliver.
- Ensure that junior members of the team are supported to perform their duties and provide guidance where needed.
- Manage the workload of high level projects assigned to you.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of work of the team - Reviews of code, JIRAs and Change Requests
- Track delivery dates of all work that you have committed to - Project planning, liaising with BA's, escalating issues/delays
- Take ownership of functionality developed on a given project you have been allocated and take proactive measures when issues arise in production.
- Production support: Follow‐up and support on system production activity allocated to APS teams.
- DevOps practices rollout within the Team
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Senior Developer - C++ / Apex 6 month the candidate must present evidence of the following -
- Excellent C++ on Windows and on C++11/17, STL, Boost, XML, JSON
- Proven track record with the FIS APEX Toolkit
- Extensive Repo product knowledge
- Working knowledge of SQL on a relational database
- A track record of C# using .NET / .NET Core
- Extensive track record with multi-threaded development and with multi-process architectures
- A track record of MQ messaging and TCP/IP
- A track record of working within an environment with high pressure on timeliness and quality of deliveries
- Proven python capability
- Proven knowledge with JS Angular
- Proven working knowledge with DevOps applications and processes
- A track record in scripting and process/testing automation
What's on Offer
The day rate for this contact role is between £725 and £775 a day inside of IR35