Senior Development Manager- Legacies
Competitive fundraising salary
Brilliant opportunity to develop as a manager in the fundraising space
About Our Client
As one of the most innovative animal charities in the UK, Wood Green works to take care of any animal who needs them, as well as educating and consulting with pet owners to get the most out of the relationships with their companions.
Wood Green has enjoyed a consistent and stable stream of Legacy and In-Memory income for many years, and aspires to develop this further with a comprehensive Legacy and stewardship programme.
The organisation has committed to the further development of this significant area of support with the creation of this new roles in the Legacy team.
The Senior Development manager will be joining at a crucial time for the development of the Legacy Marketing program. This is an opportunity to lead a successful team to new heights with an expanded profile within the charity and a commitment to testing in a variety of channels and products. key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the head of Individual giving to analyse the efficacy of campaign strategy and make suggestions on how to adapt this for future success.
- You will optimise relationships with Legacy pledgers, and maintain and grow the base of support to this channel.
- Develop and manage the leading-edge marketing and supporter engagement strategy.
- Advise the Head of Individual Giving regarding optimal expenditure to support the implementation of a strong strategy.
- Oversee effective project management of multi-channel acquisition marketing campaigns, including DRTV, direct mail, face-to-face (including events), telemarketing and digital.
- Develop and support legacy champions to positively advocate among key stakeholders and communities
- Develop and implement a strong stewardship program for In-Memory and Tribute donor funds
- Line management of two key team members who will implement strategy alongside you
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the Legacy giving space or a proven senior level background in the fundraising sector. You will be a strategist, a brilliant steward, and receptive to co-workers as well as having the ability to interpret budgets and adapt your approach to maximise growth in line with income. You will be prepared to line manage two key team members, as well as support the wider team at events.
What's on Offer
- Competitive annual salary
- Generous employer pension scheme
- Opportunity to work in a prestigious animal charity
- Brilliant opportunity to develop your strategic flare and fundraising credibility in a management position
- Ability to work flexibly