- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Full Time Role
About Our Client
My client is a large consultancy and are made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
No two projects are ever the same within the Cloud Infrastructure Services Business Unit as we support all business sectors.
As a Platform DevOp's Engineer you will be expected to have knowledge, confidence and capability to assist our clients in realising their public cloud strategy. This would include:
- Undertaking cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
- Working with great engineers - at the end of the day it's all about people.
- large scale, technically challenging projects.
- Using leading-edge technology - our clients are constantly looking to take cloud technology further, leveraging open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices,
- You'll get opportunities to develop and progress - working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments and to have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more.
The Successful Applicant
My client is looking for passionate, energetic Platform DevOp's Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services. I am looking for DevOps Professionals that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge. You'll bring a broad range of experience in modern cloud stacks, so don't worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then I would really like to talk to you. ·
You should has a passion and understanding of the following;
- Appetite for learning new technologies
- Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Extremely sound knowledge of Linux/ Windows.
- Deep knowledge, and preferably certification, for designing & implementing either AWS, Azure or Google Compute services, leveraging infrastructure as code;
- Experience, and ideally certification, in either Red Hat Ansible or Hashicorp Terraform;
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python
- Strong understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools. ·
- Ability to build and maintain CI\CD pipelines and underlying infrastructure;
- Strong understanding of the cost drivers of cloud services.
- Strong and demonstrable experience of migrating workloads to cloud platforms and integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery environments; ·
- Experience of using container and orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with application and infrastructure management, monitoring and logging systems particularly Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk and integrations with Slack and Teams;
What's on Offer
A permanent opportunity to join one of the leading MSP in London. The vast majority of clients are within the public sector space with a range of different technology stacks.Salary range is between £60,000 - £100,000 per anum depending on experience. ( My client has many different levels available)To be considered for this role you must have the following;
- Right to work in the UK ( Without sponsorship)
- A Current SC clearance or be able to apply for SC clearance.