Senior Director of Markets and Communications
We are looking for an inspirational leader of teams and market transformation
To deliver pioneering social and environmental improvements around the world
About Our Client
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. The ASC is a growing organisation. We have around 75 people working from various countries, including the Netherlands, UK, Germany, Spain, Australia, Japan, China, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Brazil and the US. There are four functional Departments covering: Markets and Communication, Standards and Science, Programme Assurance and the Resources and Governance Group. Although staff work primarily from home, we operate offices in Utrecht (NL) and in London (UK).
The Senior Director of Markets and Communications will provide leadership and direction, accountable for the outcomes of three teams each led by a Director responsible for: marketing and corporate communications, market development and market research and insight.
This role has 3 direct reports and leads a wider team of 35 people.
75% of time will be spent across the three areas and the remainder of time will be supporting the organisation at the executive level, in administration, working directly with the CEO to build the ASC as a marketing organisation, expanding its global market presence over time, and representing the organisation at the highest level, deputising for the CEO as necessary.
In this capacity the Senior Director will work as part of the cross functional senior executive and management teams to deliver the ASC value proposition, brand, business model and the adoption of a marketing orientation across the ASC organisation. Close collaboration with the Standards and Science and the Programme Assurance Teams (essentially the home of ASC's product development) to facilitate alignment with the Marketing Strategy will be essential.
- Lead the marketing, communications, market development and marketing research and insight functions to drive programme uptake and perceived value of the ASC brand in key markets and beyond;
- Oversee the development and execution of specified marketing and business development strategies to drive the growth in adoption of ASC certification and improvement activities across all audiences,
- Ensure the continued development of ASC as a thought leader and a trusted, innovative, marketing organisation.
- Strategy and Planning - contribution to organisation-wide strategic planning, ensuring marketing insights regards uptake of ASC's value proposition, brand, markets and consumer and influencer communication strategies are brought to the table.
- Brand Development - as steward of the ASC brand, direct work on ongoing brand development and uptake into marketing, communications, market development, audience engagement and communications.
- create and tell brand stories that improve how the ASC Brand is perceived across all consumers, commercial partners, producers, and influencers in all prioritised geographies.
- Marketing and Corporate Communications - improved communications that utilise data insights and analytics.
The Successful Applicant
The following criteria is essential:
- Experience leading the marketing functions of a medium-sized organisation undergoing change. This will include international market development and brand management experience from a food or consumer packaged goods company; ideally with premium, natural, organic or speciality foods.
- Recent, direct involvement in business development with major accounts.
- Experience and understanding of differences in culture, business, marketing, and regulation across an international remit.
- Ability to negotiate and influence skilfully, promote and sell ideas persuasively and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
What's on Offer
ASC is a virtual organisation but do have a London office if you would like to have a combination of home and office working.
£130-£150K plus benefits