Senior EHS Specialist
Global Manufacturing Company
Market leader in its field
About Our Client
MKS Instruments is a worldwide leader in technology solutions across the markets they serve. Making instruments, subsystems and process control solutions, they enable their customers to measure, control, power, monitor and analyze the critical parameters of the advanced processes that they manage. Holding over 600 patents, they understand their customers' strategic objectives and apply leading edge science, engineering and technology has led consistently to breakthroughs that have changed what is possible.
To meet the needs of the business their processes are lean and agile and employees are innovative and focused. They work hard to be easy to work with, and measure success by the success of their customers. With revenue in excess of $2Billion, and YOY sales increase of 8% in 2018, this is a business to be part of
The company is recruiting a Senior EHS Specialist who will be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and management of the Company's Environmental Health and Safety Program across MKS UK / Europe.
- Assist in the development and administration of programs to ensure compliance with all European, UK and local regulations related to environmental, health, safety and transportation that are applicable to the Company's locations and operations in the UK and Europe. This will include the ongoing development and integration of an OHSAS 18001 H&S management system
- Develops and implements training programs as required by EHS Programs, and monitors training program performance to ensure that all required training is performed
- Assists in reviews of major plans and specifications for new operations, construction or demolition, equipment or facility purchases as well as chemical uses to ensure that appropriate EHS requirements are considered
- Leads incident investigations and root cause corrective action plans and corrective action implementation
- Performs audits in order to evaluate the effectiveness of local programs. Provides audit & action plan follow-up/assistance
- Travel within the UK in order to cover three sites, with further travel (approx. 15% of the time) to multiple European and Middle Eastern sites (Israel)
The Successful Applicant
In order to achieve the significant scope and the challenge of working with multiple stake holders simultaneously the individual will need the following skills:
- You must be a proven EHS Manager with UK and European multi-site experience from a manufacturing background
- Strong time management, influencing, presentation and organizational skills
- A track record of EHS systems implementation (18001, 14001, etc.) and project management using lean approaches.
- BS Degree or equivalent, preferably in Environmental Management, Safety Engineering, Occupational or Environmental Health or a related field.
- Knowledge of European and UK regulations, including the development and implementation of compliance programs and worker training (NEBOSH Certificate desired).
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, actively promotes equality and diversity and as such applications are encouraged from all sectors of society.
What's on Offer
The total compensation package, including employee benefits, will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Position Type: Permanent
Unsolicited applications direct to the client or via 3rd parties will be forwarded to Michael Page for consideration.