Senior Electrical Controls Engineer
Large capital investment plan
Support growth and deliver innovative new projects
About Our Client
A large manufacturing business based in Runcorn - fast paced, efficient and very progressive within their industry.
- Deliver improved reliability and productivity from equipment from installation, commissioning, ramp up and steady state running phases.
- To provide high level specialist automation, electrical, control, instrumentation and drive system support to the manufacturing operation.
- Lead improvement to uplift performance on both new and existing equipment.
- Provide technical E/M/C solutions to process problems.
- Examine alternative technologies for unsupported / obsolete equipment on older processes
- Provide expert understanding and fault analysis of automation / process control systems
- Support the development of shift technician's capabilities through training, knowledge sharing and mentoring.
- Provide second level support to shift teams in reactive maintenance situations.
- Assist with the development of Function Design Specifications for new equipment
- Investigation into Plant failures (FMEA) and re-occurrence prevention reporting.
- Implement plant/process development opportunities that improve Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Project manage revenue projects and small capital projects, liaise with group engineering on larger projects where required.
- Oversee commissioning of new equipment ensuring safety and group engineering standards are adhered to.
The Successful Applicant
- The candidate must be trained to programmer level on at least one of Siemens S7, Beckhoff TwinCat or Schneider PL7 PLCs, as well as having specialist knowledge of 6-axis robots, Bosch Rexroth servo drives and Schneider Altivar inverters
- Programming experience on 6 axis robots, ideally Yaskawa Motorman or Fanuc.
- Significant and demonstrated experience in Electrical Engineering / HND/Degree in an Engineering discipline desirable.
- Desirable / NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Ability to develop detailed electrical design drawings, PLC programs and operational documentation
- Ability to perform technical electrical calculations and provide accurate schedules, reports, specifications and other information for review/approval by engineering staff
- Ability to use judgment and make decisions in complex situations
What's on Offer
£48,000 - £55,000 p/annum
10% bonus and benefits package