- Bare metal firmware engineer
- Real time, multithreading development
About Our Client
ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB's success is driven by about 105,000 talented employees in over 100 countries
Perform the role of lead software development engineer, for a local multi-discipline design and development team, within the company's measurement and analytical products business.
- Develop technical solutions from marketing requirements, in conjunction with other technical disciplines in the team
- Develop software architectures and high-level designs
- Support and direct other software engineers in the local team.
- Undertake all aspects of real-time embedded software development including application code, BSPs etc.
- Estimate, plan and document work at all stages of the development cycle.
- Apply a variety of accepted software development concepts as well as having the resourcefulness to introduce new methodologies and technologies.
- Follow company development processes and support the introduction of new initiatives to the local team
- Define work packages for third party developers and direct their activities in conjunction with the project manager
- Work on new product development projects and legacy product maintenance.
- Demonstrate good teamwork, supporting other departments and collaborating with other ABB design and development teams
The Successful Applicant
- Good knowledge of software architectures and ability to create suitable software architectures for products
- Experienced in writing embedded software using the C programming language - low-level drivers, application code etc.
- Experience in using the real-time OS.
Additional knowledge in the below will carry an advantage:
Experience in the development of resource-constrained and ultra-low power instrumentation.
- Experience in EmbOS, ThreadX, Win CE
- Experience in IAR IDE, Visual Studio, Klocwork and TFS
- Experience in TCP/IP stack and related protocols(HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, TLS, MQTT, SMTP)
- Knowledge of build servers, continuous integration, static code analyzers, MISRA coding standards, version control tools, sprint planning tools
- Experience SQLite, file systems for embedded devices etc.
- Embedded software development experience with industrial communications protocols such as HART, Modbus, Profibus, Fieldbus
- Good understanding of analogue and digital electronics.
What's on Offer
in return, you will be offered an excellent base salary, superb career and training opportunities as well as a comprehensive bonus and benefits package.
The role requires 2-3 days office working out of St Neotts and the remaining days can be remote.
CVs are under review now!