FTSE 250 business
About Our Client
Berendsen is Europe's leading textile service business, developing and delivering value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions within Hospitality, Health care, Work wear and Facilities. They engage and partner with more than 150,000 customers in 16 countries across Europe. They are a FTSE250 company and in the UK they have over 9,000 employees working at 60 sites, making them a major UK employer. The business focuses on innovation and is constantly developing new products and services to better serve the changing needs of its customers and their industries in all sectors of the economy
- Arranging the shift rota in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
- Covering a range of tasks usually undertaken by the Engineering Manager in his/her absence
- To ensure the Company's disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
- Ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
- Maintain knowledge of all spare parts on site for plant.
- To work within the procedures and standards as determined by the company's written standards.
- Undertake planned maintenance tasks as instructed to the relevant engineering and safety standards.
- Undertake repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site are communicated to the Manager.
The Successful Applicant
Successful applicants will have a proven track record of success within a similar role in a fast paced environment. They will be passionate about delivering engineering excellence and delivering nothing short of the highest possible levels of customer service. Senior Engineers will have led small teams of engineers in the past. However, candidates lacking in management experience will also be considered for Shift Engineering roles.
Key selection criteria will include;
- Skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical trades.
- Preferred knowledge of other engineering disciplines including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems.
- Must possess a recognised qualification relevant to the role (e.g. mechanical or electrical C&G).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to make decisions and react quickly to the needs of the business.
- Problem solving/analytical skills.
What's on Offer
Basic salary of Â£30,000 to Â£39,000 DOE plus benefits. Shift based role.