Work for a leading business which has over 60 sites in the UK
Preventative & Reactive Maintenance to site equipment
About Our Client
With a site in Basildon, Berendsen is part of Elis, which as one group form a Pan-European textile, hygiene and facility service leader. They deliver value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions across 28 countries in Europe & Latin America and have more than 45,000 employees delivering these services to customers every single day. They are industry leaders because their customers appreciate their commitment to both quality and service.
Berendsen values the effort that every one of their 45,000 people puts in, day and night, to deliver an exceptional service. Nobody can match their understanding of the importance of innovations or the skills required to deliver them. Their customers know that partnering with Berendsen enables them to benefit from continuous improvements in efficiency and this translates directly into reduced costs and lower environmental impact. Berendsen in the UK has over 9,000 employees working at over 60 sites, making them a major UK employer.
The successful Senior Engineer will:
- Support the manager / team to ensure compliance with regulations for fire and alarm systems, PAT, pressure valves, etc., analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Support the team by working on shift, with hands on experience to mentor team ensuing that PPMs, SSOWs and working procedures are followed.
- Support the Manager to ensure risk assessments/COSSH/RIDDOR, etc. are implemented and undertaken and accident prevention measures are initiated as required.
- Support the manager with the planning, organising and coordinating resources to meet production requirements of ongoing maintenance, machine replacement and unplanned issues.
- Support the manager to plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment as per production requirements.
- Work with approved suppliers to obtain parts and machinery.
- Support the Manager to deliver training to engineers and operators on new machinery, using the machinery documentation and SSOWs.
- Work with the Manager to ensure retention of any relevant accreditation's for the department (e.g. ISO/EN14065)
- Oversee the team during any period of Manager Absence, Monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budgets investigating and resolving any variances.
- Support the manager to plan, monitor and ensure appropriate Engineering Team safety training is completed so that safety culture is embedded into the plant.
- Ensure PPM schedule is adhered to and highlight issues to Manager and General Manager.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Engineer will have:
- IT skills (email, all MS Office software including Project and PowerPoint);
- Excellent organisation skills;
- The ability to quickly learn technical terminology and processes
- Leadership skills
- Good analytical and decision making skills;
- English language skills (written and verbal)
- Experience lean (Six Sigma) implementation of lean manufacturing systems
- Excellent communicator with first hand direct people management experience
- Educated to HNC level Engineering qualification or equivalent
What's on Offer
A competitive salary + benefits