Senior Estate Surveyor
Career progression/ development
Competitive Industry salary
About Our Client
Work for a non-departmental public body and make real differences across the country.
As a Senior Estates Surveyor, you will play a key role in the estates team. You will be a technical leader, advisor and role model, co-ordinating the work and supporting the professional development of surveyors and estates staff.
You will take a lead supporting major infrastructure projects and in particular will work alongside Estates colleagues in supporting the River Thames Scheme, which will entail elements of co-locating in London.
You will also lead on land entry and acquisition and deal with all aspects of estate management, including leases and disposals.
With an up-to-date knowledge of current legislation and best practice, you'll actively support other members of the team and provide advice and guidance on surveying matters.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a RICS qualified surveyor (MRICS or FRICS) with experience working as a surveyor in a professional estates service, having extensive land and property experience, with a proven track record of delivering results on time in a pressurised environment.
Ideally, you'll be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in the following areas:
- An understanding of planning, property and compensation legislation and of compulsory purchase procedures.
- Providing advice on land and compensation matters to minimise project risk and compensation liabilities. Negotiating access to land, securing appropriate interests and settling compensation claims.
- The management of a diverse land and property portfolio including property management, valuation and landlord and tenant issues to provide sustainable land use and deliver best practice.
- Experience in dispute resolution with a high level of influencing and negotiating skills; the ability to reconcile conflicting interests with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to innovate, identify and implement areas of best practice.
- Experience of technical leadership, supporting the work of a large team of surveyors and estates staff
- Staff development, supervision, counselling and mentoring of trainee surveyors
- Ability to balance a complex and diverse workload, using your interpersonal skills to build networks and influence internal and external stakeholders to effectively resolve issues.
What's on Offer
- Ongoing contract
- Competitive Industry salary
- Career progression up to Senior Surveyor within 9/12 months
- A talent development programme that includes regular one-to-ones, mid-year reviews, end of year performance reviews and a strong and varied learning and development programme
- A lot of autonomy and support from a highly qualified team
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an updated CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position in Property roles specialised in Public Sector, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.