Senior Finance Manager
Great opportunity to join Luminate as it goes through a strong period of growth
A chance to develop and progress your skills within this education organisation
About Our Client
Luminate Education Group consists of Leeds City College, Keighley College, Leeds College of Music, the White Rose Academy Trust (WRAT) and recently Harrogate College. With an Ofsted grade of 'good' with 'outstanding' features, you will be working at one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
We have already experienced massive growth reflected by our recent £40m Printworks Campus development and our new cutting-edge £60m campus at Quarry Hill. With our ambitious plans to become the region's leader in vocational and academic education, backed up by a family of high performing educational institutes.
We work closely with the Leeds Enterprise Partnership and the West Yorkshire Combined Authority to provide learners with courses and apprenticeships to bridge the skills gap and meet regional market demand.
Our values shape and reflect the beliefs and behaviours of all our staff and students
- Aspirational WITH heart
- Down to earth WITH huge ambition
- High performing WITH soul
- Everyone together WHILST championing the individual
As a result of a recent internal promotion and ongoing growth Luminate Education Group are recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager. This is a key role that will draw on your accountancy skills to contribute to the ongoing development and growth of the group in particular leading the team in the development of capital reporting processes (incorporating capital projects), various statutory reporting requirements, and provide a clear link between the management accounts team and the Group Financial Controller ensuring that cashflow, treasury and capital reporting are fully embedded.
Key areas of delivery for the Senior Finance Manager will include:
- Lead the team in the provision of management reporting to the Head of Group Financial Performance and Reporting on a consolidated basis, including Income & Expenditure report, balance sheet, cashflow statement, KPIs, contribution and income analysis and supporting narrative.
- Being the lead finance contact for the ELT and provide financial support to the principal's PA to include monthly financial monitoring reports.
- Champion sound financial practice and compliance with the Group financial regulations and procedures.
- Undertake month end processes including relevant ledger maintenance in line with management accounts timetable and ensure delivery of meaningful and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- work in conjunction with budget holders and the financial systems team to continually improve information flow and financial reporting to stakeholders.
- Support Deputy Director of Financial Resources in the production of the Colleges (and group) three year plan for submission to the SFA.
- Lead the finance manager (non income generating) in the maintenance of the overhead recovery model embedded within the business planning template.
- Lead the finance manager (non income generating) in the active management of the Colleges capital expenditure and capital grant application and allocation process.
- Lead the financial performance and review team in the provision of clear financial information to budget holders to assist them in their understanding of all matters financial and the effective management of their budgets, forecasts and income targets in accordance with the Colleges financial calendar.
- Lead the team in challenging poor financial control and supporting budget holders to endure the College makes the best use of available resources.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of funding streams within the College to enhance the support provided to budget holders and the ongoing maintenance of the College business planning template.
- Support the monthly and annual reporting cycle of the Colleges subsidiaries and partner organisations providing regular performance reports, management accounts and reports as required.
- Provide Ad hoc reports, reviews and project support to budget holders and the Deputy Director of Financial Resources as required.
- Actively participate in the development of an accurate and meaningful cashflow forecast on a basis in line with the College treasury requirements.
- provide financial supporto colleagues in the preparation of business cases to ensure the College demonstrates efficiencies and value for money.
- Provide management and support for staff in accordance with College policies
The Successful Applicant
As Senior Finance Manager you will need to possess the below qualifications, experience and skills:
- CCAB (ACA / ACCA / CIPFA) or CIMA qualified
- Educated to degree level
Experience of successfully leading, supervising and managing a team.
Familiar with Agresso Business World finance package or comparable complex finance system.
Experience of operating in a large complex accounting environment with proven and demonstrable technical skills.
Experience of producing management reporting packs to challenging timescales.
Experience of working with non-finance specialists to develop business plans and forecasts to challenging deadlines.
- Experience of managing restricted funds, and the reporting requirements thereon (eg. DLSF, ALF, Bursary Funds)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- A high degree of analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to make sense of complex issues and identify and implement resolutions.
- Highly organised with the ability to work to demanding deadlines and deliver outcomes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to cope with continuous and complex changes, to be flexible and to handle high levels of uncertainty
What's on Offer
A salary on offer at a fixed point between £35,391 - £38,667 per annum
27 days holidays plus bank holidays
West Yorkshire pension scheme
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.