- A great working environment and great benefits
- An opportunity for a qualified accountant to support exciting capital projects
About Our Client
A great opportunity for a Finance Manager to join an Education organisation based in Leeds into a newly created role. This is a financially sustainable organisation with the opportunity to work entirely from home whilst the challenges of the pandemic are faced.
This organisation provides a range of online training and workshops in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion. and they are continually looking to support and advise their workforce on emerging trends and priority topics both within the Yorkshire and Humber region and across the country. They offer opportunities for individuals to join internal staff equality forums and currently have LGBT, disability, BAME and working carers forums running across the organisation. These forums are a great way for people from a range of backgrounds to share experiences, support organisation priorities, raise awareness and help educate the wider workforce.
They are accredited Investors in People, Investors in Diversity, a mindful employer and a disability confident employer.
A great opportunity for a Finance Manager to join an Education organisation into a newly created role. Key areas of delivery will include:
- This role will work with the capital and estates team with the overall capital programme from capital budget setting to forecasting as well as leading on the monthly capital reporting requirements.
- Provision of financial reporting the senior management team on a consolidated basis, including Income & Expenditure Report; Balance Sheet; Cash Flow Statement, KPIs, Contribution and Income analysis and supporting narrative.
- Lead on and take ownership for the closure of month end and year end for the revenue and capital accounts.
- Preparation, monitoring and control of revenue and capital budgets including financial reports.
- Undertake month end processes (inclusive of relevant ledger maintenance) in line with the management accounts timetable and ensure delivery of meaningful and accurate reports in a timely manner.
- Work with budget holders to continually improve information flow and financial reporting to key stakeholders.
- Ad hoc reports, reviews and project support to budget holders and the senior management team as required.
- Contribute to the development of an accurate and meaningful cashflow forecast on a regular basis in line with the treasury management procedures.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally candidates will be fully accountancy qualified ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA ) or equivalent with experience of capital accounting within a complex organisation.
The role is currently being worked on a remote basis, but when the situation changes for staff to return to the office thee successful candidate will be working within a team in Leeds and so will need to be able to commute to the area as required.
What's on Offer
c£36,000 - £39,000 plus a great holiday entitlement and defined contribution pension scheme
Staff discounts and loan schemes such as cycle to work