Senior Financial Accountant
Household name business that continues to grow
City Centre location and excellent culture
About Our Client
The client is an innovative global spanning business at the forefront of what they do, with a focus on culture, technology and growth.
Financial Accounting & Reporting
- Management of month end close process. Ensure all month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations are completed and reviewed within strict timeframes.
- Provide guidance to junior team members to ensure work completed is accurate, timely and complete. Implement timely corrective actions where required.
- Prepare group and individual entity month end balance sheet reviews.
- Preparation of complex calculations and journal entries, including multi-currency transactions.
- Completion of complex balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review of routine revenue, COS, overhead journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other team and group finance members.
- Transition of additional transactional based processes into Edinburgh Finance Team.
- Reconciliation of month end actuals to MI and MA reporting.
Cash & Settlements
- Management of UK, EU & ROW accounting entries and cash settlement processes.
- Proactively work with business stakeholders to forecast key cost and cash drivers, on an ongoing basis.
- Oversight of daily banking and cash management process.
- Work closely with London finance team to ensure a robust daily cash flow forecasting model is in place.
- Timely escalation of any unexpected patterns or under/over recoveries.
Statutory Reporting & Compliance
- Review of group UK VAT return. Ensure return is accurate and complete with key balances substantiated. Work with tax advisors to ensure industry updates are assessed and implemented.
- Key contact point of contact for external and internal audit visits. Collation of interim and year end audit requirements.
Process & Controls Champion
- Proactively work with other key business stakeholders to define and implement new financial reporting processes that are well controlled and provide insightful commercial information.
- Microsoft Dynamic D365 process champion. Pro-actively build knowledge of internal financial reporting tools and champion product capabilities to wider finance team.
- Implement (where required), review and update process documentation to ensure internal controls framework remains robust, accurate and complete.
- Management of x2 direct reports.
- Lead by example and promote company behaviours.
- Demonstrate continuous process improvement and work with others within the business to streamline key processes.
- Work alongside Corporate Finance team on central projects.
- Contribute into annual budget and reforecast process.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial reports.
The Successful Applicant
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Tight attention to detail
- Excellent time management
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity to join a highly ambitious business that you will thrive in and enjoy. The package and benefits are excellent.