Senior Financial Controller
Exciting opportunity to join a global manufacturing business in Gloucestershire
Would suit a commercial Financial Controller with a background in Manufacturing
About Our Client
Our client, based in Gloucestershire, is a leading multinational manufacturer with a strong UK presence. Due to an internal promotion they are looking for a Senior Financial Controller to join the team and business partner with the MD.
The Senior Financial Controller is accountable for the overall Finance contribution and value-add to the business, translating business goals into Finance priorities and ensuring effective implementation.
You will support effective business decisions by monitoring, analysing, and interpreting financial data in order to evaluate various business alternatives and recommend the most appropriate business solutions. Drive definition and implementation of standards and business specific guidelines in financial control processes.
- Strategy- Contributes to the definition of the strategy for the business unit. Serves as the key partner for the relevant business leader in determining strategy for area of responsibility and developing a global business model, aligning with wider strategy, implementing, and making adjustments in implementation as needed. Maintains constant contact with relevant other managers and Controllers regarding financial, market and customer situation and outlook.
- Business planning and forecasting - Translates strategy into business plans and establishes measurable targets. Oversees the business planning and forecasting process for the area of responsibility and serves as the interface to Country CFO/Global/Local manager and local controller. Evaluates financial implications of various strategic decisions, builds scenarios and recommends actions.
- Business performance - Monitors progress achieved and provides insight and analysis to support operational decision-making. Identifies issues, and advises management on action plans and operational strategies to resolve. Drives appropriate cost structure, productivity optimization, and capital efficiency. Manages and closely monitors the cash flow and takes action to improve Net Working Capital.
- Risk management - Assesses business risk exposure and defines risk mitigation strategies to reduce impact on business performance. Ensures risk management processes are consistently implemented in own area of responsibility. Identifies and communicates commercial and financial risks and opportunities from business propositions.
- Communication - Leads, provides guidance and facilitates best practice sharing between Local Business Controllers within own area of responsibility to ensure alignment and consistency of controlling practices. Ensures timely and efficient communication with relevant Local/Country/Business/Region Controllers, Finance Group functions and other internal customers to identify and discuss issues for improvement of operations, work quality and efficiency for area of responsibility.
- Financial reporting - Establishes and oversees processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information. Ensures high quality of financial data and business information in line with defined standards and financial closing schedules.
- People leadership and development.
The Successful Applicant
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA Qualified with significant post qualification experience
- Manufacturing background a strong preference
- Strong commercial acumen
- Cross divisional partnering experience
- Highly analytical
- Team management
- Good technical accounting understanding
- Excellent influencing skills
- Systems orientated
What's on Offer