Senior Fund Research Analyst
Award winning boutique Wealth Manager
Undertake third party fund research
About Our Client
My client is a leading European Boutique Wealth Manager with offices based in London.
You will work alongside members of the investment team, including Portfolio Managers, to conduct third party fund research. The preference is for a fixed income specialist, though they will consider candidates with broader experience.
You will be a key member of the team and will be expected to act quickly with a high degree of autonomy; conducting independent research to determine potential new trade and fund ideas which will be included within the client's mandates. You will work closely with investment managers, to collaborate on portfolio ideas and with the Chief Investment Strategist in developing investment strategy. You also be expected to collaborate with, guide and mentor other analysts on the team.
- Undertaking independent quantitative and qualitative research, including both desk research and fund manager meetings with our preference being a focus on fixed income funds
- Provide analysis and due diligence reports to Portfolio Managers, presenting the conclusions to the Fund Selection Committee.
- Regularly reviewing the performance of funds & formally updating recommendations, including conducting update meetings with fund managers.
- Engaging with portfolio managers on a proactive basis to discuss potential new ideas and portfolio changes needed.
The Successful Applicant
- At least five years' experience conducting fund research, including Fixed Income funds
- CFA Charterholder preferable
- An interest in Impact and Sustainable investing
- Strong team player
- Challenging convention
- Working to tight deadlines
- Writing, presentation skills
- Good initiative / project management. Happy to drive your own workload.
- Required experience with the following: Morningstar, Excel (Advanced), Bloomberg, Microsoft Office
What's on Offer
A highly autonomous and engaging role as well as a compensation package in line with the market.