Senior Health and Safety Manager
Huge Manufacturing Business in the Local Area
Opportunities for Development and Progression
About Our Client
My client is a global manufacturing business with a worldwide reputation, specialising in complex manufacturing. They are looking to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Manager to join their team in Sheffield and be an integral part to their operations team, overseeing the full HSE strategy for the business.
As the Senior Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Driving and implementing a focused HSE strategy, ensuring the achievement of all HSE objectives.
- Maximise opportunities for development of new EHS systems that improve the control of the risk in high value manufacturing, including the achievement of ISO45001.
- Build and develop the HSE team, upskilling and working collaboratively in driving through best practice across the business. Liaising with key stakeholders to ensure continued compliance with HSE regulations.
- Maintain and be the point of contact for all regulatory and certification bodies, including regular compliance checks to ensure continued adherence to new HSE legislation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must be:
- A highly experienced, knowledgeable HSE lead, with extensive experience in heavy manufacturing and engineering environments working at management level.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent, with professional qualification i.e. NEBOSH essential.
- A real leader and collaborative personality, able to build relationships with key stakeholders within the business.
- Adept at managing change and identifying key areas of improvement within HSE - spotting potential complications and acting decisively.
- Able to build and construct a strong HSE team with clear goals and targets, aligned with the business objectives.
What's on Offer
£55-£60k, bonus, private healthcare and pension. Opportunity to build a career with a global manufacturing business.